TITAN PRIDE! Christopher Martin '14
Chris Martin, son of faculty member Mary Ellen Martin, and alumnus of the HTHS class of 2014, is spending two weeks this summer in the tiny village of Masese, in Eastern Uganda on the shores of Lake Victoria near the headwaters of the Nile River. Chris is doing a double internship during his trip to Africa. He is working with Help, International, at a local school established some six years ago by a Molloy College professor and his wife. Adjacent to the school is a jewelry factory that fashions necklaces and bracelets out of paper products. This jewelry has been displayed and sold at the Holy Trinity Craft Fairs (biggerthanbeads.com). The women who work in the factory are generally comprised of abandoned and/or abused women seeking to support themselves and their children. 100% of the proceeds of the jewelry sales are passed through to benefit the factory and the school. The school has a population of 300+ students.
Chris is also engaged in exploratory work on a simultaneous internship. He has a mandate from the UN to investigate micro finance opportunities for residents of third world countries. He will be meeting with local village leaders to gather information that will enable him to assist entrepreneurs. His target population are those residents who wish to purchase farm animals for husbandry purposes and potential sale of milk, eggs and animal byproducts. The dollar value of these loans will be in the $50-$100 range.
This fall Chris will be entering his junior year at Molloy College where he is a dean's list student majoring in accounting with a minor in philosophy.
Welcome alumni, parents, faculty and friends!
Welcome to our Online Community. Membership is FREE and available exclusively to our alumni and friends!
This is Holy Trinity's private, online community created exclusively for HTHS alumni. It is a secure, password-protected environment established by Holy Trinity High School.
Once you register, an email will be sent to confirm your membership and validate your email address. Be sure to click on the link in this email so your account can be activated.
Become a member and take advantage of the following services:
- Reconnect with faculty and former classmates
- Organize class reunions
- Discover ways to support your school
- Share alumni news and activities
- Message boards for In Memorial, Lost/Missing Alumni, Class Notes, School & Alumni News
- Alumni directory that's searchable by class, by name or by occupation
- Lost / missing alumni directory to help find people that others are looking for
- Social networking (Facebook, Skype, MySpace and LinkedIn) support
Search for friends and make new connections with the Online Community! All you need to do to take advantage of all the community has to offer is to proceed through the registration process to establish an account.
AMAZON SMILE GIVES BACK TO HOLY TRINITY
AMAZON SMILE FOUNDATION
EVERY TIME YOU SHOP ONLINE YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE BY HELPING HOLY TRINITY HIGH SCHOOL RAISE MONEY THROUGH THE AMAZON SMILE FOUNDATION!!!!
PLEASE CLICK HERE TO SHOP THROUGH THE AMAZON SMILE FOUNDATION AND AMAZON WILL DONATE BACK 0.5% OF EACH PURCHASE PRICE FOR AN ITEM BROUGHT THROUGH AMAZON.
Please read this important information below prior to going to the Amazon Smile Website.
HOW DOES AMAZON SMILE WORK?
When first visiting AmazonSmile, customers are prompted to select a charitable organization from almost one million eligible organizations. In order to browse or shop at AmazonSmile, customers must first select a charitable organization. For eligible purchases at AmazonSmile, the AmazonSmile Foundation will donate 0.5% of the purchase price to the customer’s selected charitable organization.
Is there any cost to charitable organizations or to customers?
No. There is no cost to charitable organizations or to AmazonSmile customers. The shopping experience is identical to Amazon.com with the added benefit that the AmazonSmile Foundation will donate to the charitable organizations selected by customers.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OF HOLY TRINITY!!
Plum Benefits for HT Alumni
Alumni and Families of Holy Trinity now have access to a free new benefit service, Plum Benefits! Save up to 50% off entertainment – New York, Washington DC, Philadelphia, Las Vegas, and Orlando! Over 100 offers each month for Ski Mountains, Theater, Theme Parks, Restaurants and More!
Signing-up is free and easy:
1) Visit www.plumbenefits.com/signup.
2) Click the Access Code Button.
3) Use Access code: ac1130028
4) Create and confirm a password. (Must be at least 8 characters)
Plum Benefits provides a live concierge service; Monday - Friday, 9 to 5 EST. Call them at 212-660-1888. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
SPECIAL DISCOUNTS & GIVE BACK TO HT
Available to all Holy Trinity Alumni and Holy Trinity Families
- Join iGive FREE!!!: http://www.igive.com/welcome/lp16/cr62a.cfm This website offers you great discounts at retailers/service providers such as Bloomingdales, Neiman Marcus, Grainger Supply, Snapfish and hotels such as Hilton while offering a percent of your purchase spending with them back to Holy Trinity! It's a WINNING situation for all--you get discounts and the school gets donations based on spending you would normally make anyway. Please join today and enjoy savings while helping to raise money for HT!!
- Club Agency - Insurance Discounts, click the navigation button to the left and check out all the possible ways you can save your hard earned money on discounted insurance plans!
- Plum Benefits - click the navigation button to the left; register with Plum Benefits to see all the ways you can save money on discounted ticket for Broadway Plays, Concerts, Trips, Entertainment etc.
HOLY TRINITY ONLINE BOOKSTORE
Holy Trinity is pleased to announce our Online Bookstore. Please click here for all your Holy Trinity Gear. We have a vast array of items including apparel, mugs, duffle bags, giftware and the cutest Holy Trinity Teddy Bears waiting for someone to love them. There is also apparel geared specifically for our alumni. Your merchandise can be shipped directly to you, or you may pick it up here at the Bookstore.
Show your Trinity Spirit by putting a Fence Banner up on the TITAN'S Football or Baseball fields for Homecoming. Support the TITAN'S by putting your family or company name on a banner. Please contact the Advancement Office for more information at 516-433-7361 or email@example.com
Shop at Target and Stop & Shop for Trinity
Did you know that Target and Stop & Shop donates funds to Holy Trinity whenever you shop there? Just register your Stop & Shop card OR Target RedCard and they will donate a percentage of the sales back to Holy Trinity!! Click Here to learn more.
More Trinity News
Elaine Pucci, Donor Relations Assistant
Share via Facebook, Twitter, E-mail and More